I'm sleepy then I'm up at the sight of it.

Okay, I don't know if you have tried working nights before but it's a damn good challenge if you haven't already. Actually it's probably best to stay away so as to avoid stress and wondrous permanent damages to your immune system. And it doesn't stop there. It also puts a halt on a lot of other things like... well, your life as you know it.

It's 3:34AM, I'm in my station taking calls and I want to literally hit the floor and just sleep in peace regardless of it being very uncomfortable. I regret having to take the job, I regret why I'm here instead of sleeping, I miss the nightlife, I miss social life, pretty much everything.

But then I take back everything I said and my feelings of regret I start to forget when I see the sun breaking out at 5AM. I see the somewhat strong current of the Pasig River and the stillness and peacefulness of.. well, mankind.

I love the view from here. Now everything just seems right. I'll have the same thoughts tomorrow around the same time but I'll have the same good vibes when I see the clouds lightening up the horizon.

1 comments:

  Alice Law

July 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I used to work from 9pm to7am whn I was still a registered nurse, it definitely not good for skin but thn... after the night shifts we were granted 3 days leaves, wht a charm, lol!