Here's looking at you, kid.


"I'm gonna lose my baby that's why I always wanna keep a bottle near. I don't ever wanna drink again. I just.. need a friend. It's just not my pride it's just until these tears have dried."

-Amy Winehouse

**8.05PM.

A couple of hours earlier, slouched in a couch, I was listening to Amy Winehouse and her songs. With the recent news of finally leaving this world that has been cruel to her, I began to think about her lonely life, her addiction and dependence on drugs and alcohol, until she passed away. I also began to contemplate, regarding my life. I then picked up my phone and wrote this down:

"One of the reasons why I'm working nights is to kill the thoughts running through my head. Sometimes I dread rest days because it gives me nothing to do. So on these 2 days, I choose to drown in alcohol, the loud music, and the company of my friends. This life I'm in gets lonely, sometimes I feel like I'm watching from the outside as I watch myself race through time, wondering what the next scene will be."

With these thoughts, I was actually thinking about resigning from work. But then I'll go back to the life of a college kid and all those parties. There's a part of me that wants to go back and just worry about graduation. There's also a part of me who wants to do everything cos I'm not getting any older.

I'm confused.

All people could ever remember even after her untimely death was her indulgence in drugs and alcohol. Few could remember the legacy in the music industry she left behind. Here's a complete genius who were nominated six major grammy awards and won five.

2 comments:

  Busy Bee Suz

July 29, 2011 at 4:34 PM

You will make the RIGHT choice....getting your education NOW and play later. This works out best....forizzle.

  Debra

July 30, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment. I always enjoy meeting new bloggers!

Being young is very difficult these days. So many distractions and choices to be made, it can all be very disconcerting. Surround yourself with as many people as you can who love you and want the best for you. Partying is a lot of fun but it can leave you feeling very empty. It sounds like you are craving quality relationships. Put your energy into those and life will get easier.

I wish you so much luck!
Hugs,
Debbie