Chapter II: I Don't Think I Am Mentally Healthy Anymore.

I finished my requirement of giving psychological tests to four patients. Now I have to write a psychological report for of them. I have 30 more hours to burn before my internship ends. So now I still have to go almost every day to the mental facility and go to work at night.

One day, I was doing this one particular psychological report and just got a little frustrated and depressed. The patient has a very superior IQ before he was in the mental facility. Now, just after a month inside, he now has an IQ of mild mental retardation.

Talk about shared psychosis* and deterioration of the human mind and soul.

And I would never ever call the National Center for Mental Health* a "hospital". Staying in that place would really disturb and drive one to insanity.

Shared Psychosis or Folie A Deux is sort of a madness that is shared by two. For example, Richard, with a very superior IQ, is admitted to a mental facility. In there, he is with five more men who have serious psychological problems and has profound to mild mental retardation. Richard, being in the same place with these men, might acquire and exhibit the personalities of the five men.

NCMH is the official mental health hospital of the Philippines and it is ran by the Government.

4 comments:

  EngrMoks

July 9, 2011 at 12:26 AM

nawala ka? nagpalit ka ng bahay? tagal kong walang balita sa blog mo.

  shengmarie

July 20, 2011 at 3:44 PM

It's hard to think about life and thinking about it just makes you less of an intelligent person. Mental health is a must my dear, don't let stress eat you up!

  Alice Law

July 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM

LOL, changes of the psychology patients being super intelligent is high... at least frm my experience, those I hv met were highly qualified or well educated!:p

  Alice Law

July 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Btw, congratulation on setting your new site!^^